My Passion is giving back to people what Music n God gave to me...
My Love is being able to change people's lives just with a single tune or a melody...
My JOY....is to see it unfolding in front of my very own eyes! :)
Just last week, I posted an article on my music class discussion board on an artist called, "Beirut"- we were told to write about an artist who had European style influence or background in music.
This touched my heart: (comments from UO students)
"I really like how you expressed the way this music made you feel, and what it reminded you of. It is really cool that you talked about wanting to get in touch with your own roots, and this music that Beirut creates can help you do that. Just from what you've described in your few paragraphs, I can tell that I would really enjoy this music, and probably even the culture it is from. I love this kind of music, because the way that it is layered, and all of the different textures, combine to make something new and fresh every time. No song done in this style sounds the same; it takes a lot of creativity to produce music like this. Great post, and thank you for your input. I learned a lot from what you wrote."
"I picked this post to respond to mostly because the name of the song stood out to me the most. Then when I read what you said about the artist and song, I too was inspired to go and listen to some of his music which I did, and I do agree he is quite talented! You described the artist, his background and the song very profoundly and showed me how you see the artist, which is very inspiring."
"I like the detail you put into describing the Beirut sound and the feelings that it evokes, I think you covered it in great detail, and very well in such a small space."
It is comments and reaffirmations like these that I feel I have found my true passion...and that
all that I'm doing makes a difference...*even if in just little ways*
-this made my day.
p.s. - i'll be doing this for as long as the music takes its course in my veins... :)
*i'm almost there*
Love,
Adeline (the song I wrote on was "A Sunday Smile" by Beirut) Enjoy.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment