Friday, April 3, 2009

Be Good or Be Gone

Spring Term has begun!! i'm into my first week and already we have tons of assignments to plan for. oh well...although Eugene's weather is as unpredictable as an episode of Heroes or as confusing as "Lost". I am looking at it optimistically with an umbrella at hand to ward off unwanted rain "drops" and protect my face from the freezing wind!!

Seriously. It is Spring!! Where is the sun??
I give it another 2 weeks to get a little warmer...I can't wait for the flowers here on campus to fully bloom and give the grounds a much needed "make over" and colorization! :)
I love the variety of flowers in Eugene...I can already see a couple of their buds peeking out and some even fully bloomed.

Anyways, MY break was awesome!! Spent it in Cali - OC mainly. yea..."the OC". it was amazing, the sand and sun, the laid back and underdressed citizens, the sufer attitude of each passerby, the women dressed to impress in their spring dresses, its vibrant and lively!!
- I loved the week spent there just chilling, going to disneyland n being at the beach.

as for another music update:
I've been listening to this singer/song writer called Fionn Regan. I just bought his album,
"The End of History" - a folk/indie album full of honest, poetic songs. I adore his harmonica, acoustic guitar accompaniment and his simplicity. His voice drenched in rustic riveting emotion, channeling a little Bob Dylan in his singing yet had a vunerable edge, so soothing. Sorrowful and hopeful at the same time. One of the finest poets and musicians I've heard in a while...

"It is time for these artists to shine and put aside the rubbish we are fed!" True music lives on in the fringes. "Long live our true poets!"




No comments: